Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Listening and Encouraging


It was a week of wrestling with figuring out what my part is here at camp and trying to figure out how I can minister without stepping on other peoples toes. I have been feeling purposeless and not sure what God was wanting me to do here. I am loving being home with my kids every day…even the crazy days when I question my sanity I still would rather be with them than anywhere else. It is a blessing to have family times again when Troy is off instead of us switching places, Troy home with the kids and me at work we can actually spend 2 whole days a week together as a family. The kids are loving having both of us home to play with and go on adventures. Still I was struggling to find my place here, we went away this past weekend to Troy’s parents place to pick us some things for the South Africans that arrived a little over a week ago and to run some errands and pick up things we can’t get back home. We went to the Ministik Community Church on Sunday and shared a little about what we are doing at Frontier Lodge. We both felt really encouraged after talking with some of the people in the Church. For me the speaker Trevor hit on something I really needed to hear, his message was about listening to people and encouraging one another. This I thought was something I can do out at Frontier Lodge I can encourage the other staff members and listen to them. We have many staff that are from overseas and various parts of Canada, these are the people that I am to listen to and encourage. I need to be intentional about spending time with the staff and getting to know them better on a deeper level so I can better know how to encourage each of them.
 

Fun at Grandmas and Grandpas
 playing in the deep snow
 Love the smiles
 Liam was not so sure about the horses
 Joelle loves the horses
 Liam enjoyed riding the horse only when she was going fast
Joelle loves riding horses, she could ride all day

No comments:

Post a Comment