Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Little Blessings



I am sitting here this afternoon reflecting on the last 5 years, this Saturday, January 26th will mark 5 wonderful years of being married. It is incredible how fast the years seem to go by, I can still remember little details from our wedding day that make them  seem like they happened months ago not years.

 Then I begin to think of all the adventures we have had since that day, we bought our first house together and had the joy of renovating it together, taking something that needed some TLC taking it apart and making it into something beautiful. We have 2 beautiful children, I still remember the first time I held each of them, the surreal feeling that this perfect little person was ours to love and protect for the rest of our lives. What an incredible blessing and responsibility to raise both Joelle and Liam to be followers of God who love Him with all their heart. At times when I think about that I feel inadequate and I am thankful for God’s love and grace he has shown me throughout my life. I think being a mom is the biggest adventure I will ever have the privilege to be a part of, one with many tears, laughter, love and joy.  Three years ago we began to dream of adventures we would take our family on, things like the Olympics, camping, rock climbing, hiking the West Coast Trail, a big family trip overseas possibly South America. Now we have added serving God at a camp in the mountains. I am blessed beyond what I ever imagined by amazing family and friends. Thank you all for being such blessings in my life and for those of you who loved me in tough times, and good ones.

 
 This last little bit as we have been settling into camp life, and adjusting to having Troy back at work I have been trying to figure out where I fit in all this…I get the chance to be an amazing mom, having adventures that would not be possible if we still lived in Lacombe which is another blessing. I am praying that God uses me, my life and my heart to help serve Him here at camp. My heart for the camp world is still as big and as strong as it always has been, I have had many different roles and opportunities through the past years I have served at camp and I know that somehow even if I do not have a title here He can use me.  Troy has been working at his job for just over 2 weeks now and has a few big projects to work on already, the camp has been in need of staff and God is providing them as couples and families. For Troy this means needing to renovate an older house called Peskett to accommodate the single female staff that live here year round so a family can move into the house they are currently in. Turning the basement of Peskett into a place for the women that come to the Ascend program twice a year, Peskett needs alt of TLC and a few modifications to turn it into a nice place for the girls. On his list is also fixing up one of the older outdoor cabins to house the guys for the Ascend program, all to be done before the Ascend program starts the beginning of March. I think having these big projects is good for him, the previous site manager told Troy it took him 1 ½ years before he felt like he had a good handle on the job, this way at least Troy has something to keep the guys busy for a while.  If you think of us you can pray for Troy and his big projects and that I find my place to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment