Monday, February 9, 2015

Pains of the Heart

It seems we have been in a season of life where people we care about have been experiencing the loss of people they love. Being in this season has me thinking about life, the legacy I am leaving behind for others. Over New Years we got to connect with one of our friends who is missing someone in their family, it was a heart opening conversation for me.
Having a childhood that was tougher than the average I thought people couldn't understand what I was feeling, but after talking with my friend I realise we can all empathise and understand someone else's pain. If you experience a parent leaving the family by choice or having someone leave through death it is all still an absence of that persons presence that causes pains in your heart. We can relate to one another on a heart level. Pain is pain. Different things cause it but we have all experienced it, I am still muddling through this in my mind. I am now trying to look at people who are experiencing something that is tough and causing pain in their hearts, through my heart instead of my brain.
I need to look more at people through my heart and the way Jesus looks at people, with compassion and empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment