Friday, October 18, 2013

Thankful


After spending the Thanksgiving weekend surrounded by the awesome people who work here at Frontier Lodge I began to think of all the things I have to be thankful for this past year.  There is probably a million more things I have been thankful for this past year but here are a few that came to mind.

It was this time last fall that God called us to come and work at Frontier Lodge. Through the relatively short time we were hired and began to pack up everything and decided it was best to move right after Christmas, which in hind sight was a bit on the crazy side. While we were moving I was pregnant and God protected our precious Mckaleigh. Thankfulness that she was protected.  When we arrived at the camp there was one of the German guys that was on the maintenance spending Christmas here he spent those first few days we were here thawing the frozen pipe lines. Thankfulness over that for having someone here when we arrived to an unknown place and knowing someone was looking after the water problem.

We are so thankful for our house selling this summer, such a blessing not to be worrying about what is going on with renters or having the house empty and waiting for someone to come along and fall in love with it and decide they want to call it home.

Thankfulness for Joelle and Liam adjusting to camp life faster than expected and honestly faster than I did. I am so thankful for this community of caring people that I have been blessed to be a part of.   

On the note of the caring community I was so thankful for them when Mckaleigh was born, in the middle of the night we needed to go to the hospital and we found David who was up to do the night shift watching the pumps, he spent the night hanging out in our house so when the kids woke up there would be someone here. So thankful that we arrived at the hospital and Mckaleigh was born there and not in the car somewhere along the way. Thank you God for answering that prayer for us. Oh so much thankfulness that she arrived safely and is beautiful and healthy. My heart is so thankful for three beautiful, healthy children that I can kiss good night every night. My heart has broken too many times over the last year for friends and people I know who have spent nights in the hospital with really sick babies or have lost that precious life of their child. It humbles and convicts me to hug them each a little tighter  and a little longer and just let the house work wait because each of those moments are a gift that if you let pass by you never get back and you never know how many of them you will be gifted with.

I have been challenged over the last few days to start a list of thankfulness just to remind me that we have things to be thankful for every day, big ones or small ones there is always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment