Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring is comming?


Looking out our window and seeing all the snow that has fallen over the past week it is hard to believe that our spring staff are arriving this weekend for staff training week! I think we have more snow right now than we did on the day we moved here in December. A few weeks back we went to Camp Caroline for a staff retreat before the summer busyness begins. I was blessed to be able to attend every session with the staff and have a better chance to connect and learn more about everyone. The focus on the retreat was Unity, purpose and blessings. I was challenged by a speaker that came in and was talking about unity and challenged us to step out of our comfort zone for the sake of unity. It was a good reminder for me to get out there and do things that I am maybe not good at, don’t really enjoy doing, for the sake of working together as one staff for the purpose of God’s glory. It also challenged me as a mom to try new things for the sake of my kids and giving them experiences to help further build into their lives. I want them to grow up to be adventurous and kind people not afraid to step out and do things even if no one else does it. I came home from the retreat looking forward to a summer (or spring when the snow melts) full of crazy adventures with Joelle, Liam and our little one when she arrives in August, and the opportunity I have been given to be a part of summer camp ministry again.
Liam enjoyed the pool at Camp Caroline 
 
If we let her Joelle would have been in the pool every second of the day 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment